Ever since they were first used in 1958, cable ties are an invaluable part of every craftsman’s toolbox. This is, of course, due to the fact that cable ties can be used for an enormously broad range of applications. From electricians, engineers in large factories to festival builders; cable ties are everywhere.
Cable tie tips
As an expert when it comes to cable ties, WKK has a number of tips on how to best use cable ties:
- For the best results, it is important to make sure that the cable ties you are using are of the right size. Read more here about choosing the right cable tie size.
- To make sure that you can easily get rid of cable tie ends, it is best to use a cable tie tool. Using these, you can easily remove the unused cable tie ends.
- Keep the remaining pieces when removing cable ties. The plastic can be recycled.
- When a cable tie has been applied tightly, it can be hard to remove them. A cable tie tool makes it easy to remove cable ties.
- For the best results, WKK offers a range of cable tie accessories, such as cable tie mounts and cable tie wall plugs. These can make sure that the cable tie stays in place, and can be used on different surfaces.
- If you use cable ties on a regular basis, it be handy to use our workbench boxes. These boxes contain 1.000 cable ties, making sure that you have the right cable tie within arm’s reach at all times.
- Most cable ties are made of the material polyamide. For optimal use, it is important that these cable ties have moisture content of at least 2,5% - this ensures optimal properties. A few extra tips:
- Store cable ties in the packaging in which they were supplied.
- Store cable ties away from direct sources of heat. Do not, for example, lay them on a radiator.
- Store cable ties away from direct sunlight.
Buying cable ties
Even though cable ties are a straightforward product, we hope that these tips will help you use cable ties even more efficiently. If you would like advice with regards to the use of buying cable ties, please contact one of our advisors. This can be done by phone (+31(0)13 571 21 71) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also contact us through our contact page.